Saturday, March 28, 2009

Homemade Pancakes

For many years, I've been craving my homemade pancakes (of which my chocolate chip pancakes are well known & liked by any kid who stayed all nite at our house). I lost my Betty Crocker cookbook several years ago in a move. I decided to look it on online. Voila!!! There it was. I made it and was worried it may flop on my first time around with Larry. It, severely, reminded me of the one big flop I made for a birthday stayover for Heidi one year(of which was a popular girl that she wanted to impress & had bragged on my pancakes). The party was great. I remember the kids played games in the yard for which I organized. I had them make homemade pizza and root beer floats. I made a lemon birthday cake (a first timer). It was all a blast except for they didn't like the cake but all else. They had dance contests in the living room of which Heidi pretty much won them all. She was a good dancer. Then morning came with the pancakes and boy did they flop. They weren't big and fluffy and I think they tasted flat. I did it by memory(which failed me - my ego I think). I think I used baking soda instead of powder. Nasty. Poor little Heidi was embarrassed. Spoiled her moment. Ruined the prior days events. Sorry, Heidi. My pancakes turned out this time. Satisfied our taste buds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you made the best pancakes and loved to experiment and put different things on them...that has carried over in my cooking for my kids...their favorite so far, is chocolate chip and peanut butter. I don't remember really wanting that popular girl at my bday party...I was really quiet and shy..I don't see myself inviting but my close friends...and I know i enjoyed that party but the best parties was when I had my cousins over to my house....