Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moving/Dreams/Adjustments

We moved to the west side of Danville on a street named Elm approximately 1978-79; Heidi being about 3-4 yrs old. It seemed as if all accepted the move okay but within a week of the move our household was suddenly awakened by the screams of Heidi "SNAKES!!!!SNAKES". All lights when on in the house. I ran to her bedroom which she shared with Amy. Asking her what was the matter. All she could say was "SNAKES". I laid next to her and reassured her it was just a dream. When all had calmed down, I turned out the lights and went back to bed. Within 15 minutes, she screamed "SNAKES!!!!SNAKES". Lights back on. Mom running in again. This time after comforting her, I took her to my bed. Feeling she'd feel secure with mom & not disturbing Amy's sleep again, we tried it again in my bedroom. Lights out. Less than 15 min. "SNAKES!!!!SNAKES!!!". This time she wouldn't let me turn the lights out. Okay, so mom got Amy to go to her bed & returned with Heidi to her bed and went to sleep with the light on. That did it. No return of the snakes.

3 comments:

Crazy4WilkyBunch said...

You didn't finish that story...you at one point returned to your bed and dad took a shift. LOL

momsmemories said...

Part of temporary loss of memory

Crazy4WilkyBunch said...

I notice how you don't associate the possibility that I watched something on tv that effected my mental disturbance....presently, I was watching a scene in one of the Indiana Jones movies where he is covered in snakes, the other day, made back in that time period....it reminded me of the scene in my dreams!! I told the kids the snakes story at that point...so they have heard it before..