When Heidi was born, she shared her bedroom with Amy. Their bedroom at one time, I believe, was a foyer to the house on Sherman/Clay. The door must have been moved over. Anyway, it was located between the living room and our bedroom. Amy & her friends played in the bedroom. I was never one to let a baby sleep on a regular bed alone. Sometimes, my babies & I would nap together on my bed. But it never bothered Heidi having Amy/playmates in the room while sleeping. This amazed me at the time.
When Amy was 9 mos old, we sent to the U of I Stadium to see the fireworks. The U of I was the most beautiful fireworks I'd ever seen (grandpa nixon always took us there when we were little) but boy it was loud!!!! I don't know how she ever slept thru it.
I will say though, that until Billy was over 2 yrs old, we always had to watch the fireworks in a nearby cornfield cause he couldn't stand the noise.
Billy did sleep through a tornado though. March 2nd, 1981 Billy slept through a tornado. We lived in our trailer; I'll say the noise really just sounded like a roaring locomotive. So maybe it was a peaceful sound. Our trailer, itself, didn't have any damage but the attaching porch and other damage was on the property (porch roof, tree damage, fence, block storage bldg & half garage attached.
To us awake, it was scarey.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment