Sunday, December 28, 2008
Sick on the Holidays
I remember one Thanksgiving when 1/2 of our family had the flu (both ends); I think dad was the last one for it to come up on. I didn't see how anyone would feel like eating a big turkey meal so I did plan on it. Just had light food for like when the flu is around. Then around 3 pm Heidi comes into the living room, "Mom where's our turkey dinner?" One of the other kids came in & chimed in with her . Now the whole family was on mom; what a mistake I made. So dad poured us all in the car looking for a dinner. All the restaurants on Gilbert St were closed to my amazement except a restaurant called Shoneys. It was a buffet & was serving turkey. Well, we didn't feel like we were up to a sit down in the public so we ordered hamburgers to take home. I dub this "The Thanksgiving that almost wasn't"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't remember who asked the question but if u want to pin it on me, yeah, whatever!
Post a Comment