Since they're are so many upcoming births right now, my memories are fluffing out of the birth of each of you.
Billy: The day before was a big beautiful day and pleasant. We were having one of our few quality times as a family with dad. He was building a treehouse in the backyard. We sat outside watching. Mom took a big walk cause I just felt like it'd be a good thing to do (I wasn't in to walking yet).
We had friends over playing cards that evening and my water broke. This just sort of broke up the social evening. Aunt Jody got called cause she said if I ever needed anything to call her. I wanted to include her in this event so I called for her assistance which she so graciously did. (Later I heard that she was insulted because I didn't ask her to come to the hospital little did she know that stepping in for my kids meant much more)
Grandma Taylor was there for the labor and delivery as she always was for each and everyone of the grandkids. Aunt Mary was there and presented a blanket she crocheted for him. She wanted to take a picture of me as they wheeled me from the labor room to the delivery but I whined "NO!!!" Grandma took care of the situation from there and shooed her away. The thought of my scrutched up face in pain in a picture just wasn't what I wanted.
So a picture of dad putting on gown & mask with grandma's help reminded me that Billy was the only one dad saw being born. He wanted to for all but since he never got to know the Dr. , they were worried about him blowing up on them. Took them years to realize he wouldn't.
Heidi - Don't remember too much about at the hospital but I remember dad was out on the road when my labor started. Grandma must have been able to get ahold of him to let him know it was time or else we just knew he would be due in the evening. She spent the day with us. It was a warm day and mom was a barefoot nut so her feet were dirty and grandma was so worried about me going to the hospital with dirty feet. That was her goal when dad got home to take me to the tub so he could wash my feet!!!
Funny how impressions left on you makes those memories stand out. Heidi was the first child that I was awake for. I finally matured to a point- I say to a point cause I never wanted to watch a birth so I never watched any mirror. It's one of those things where I watched a documentary of a birth and thought it so gross(bloody). Some may never understand this but that's me.
Heidi and Billy were born at Lakeview (now Provena - Logan Campus).
Amy - Had false labor pains once - she was born 6 wks early but still weighed 6 lbs2 oz. Billy and Heidi were 7 1/2 lbs. Anyway, I thought I was sick with the flu. I remember laying in bed (dad at work) and grandma was at the beauty parlor getting her hair done (weekly thing). I must have bugged her so much cause she came home soon as she got done and said it was time to go to the hospital to get checked. We did. Actually, dad sold insurance back then. Work suits went to appts to present & sale policys to people. He liked it but wasn't much money in it.
Anyway, being 17 I didn't want to be awake so an anesthesiologists was called but due phone lines being tied up that night ; he wasn't able to respond till her head crowned (might as well forgot it at that point)but I was still so deadset for anesthesia that I was still hollering for it and got it.
Grandma Nixon and Taylor as well as dad were present. I thought I'd squeeze poor grandma Nixon's hand to death but she never complained (I bet she hurt the next day)!!!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment