Amy - thought of breastfeeding but she returned within 24 hrs to the hospital due to yellow jaundice. She was under a biliiruben light for the 1st week to get the yellow bleached out and since she was in an incubator I wasn't not able to breastfeed. Doctor took a sample of my milk and told me I didn't have enough milk and nourishment to feed her with so the bottle it was.
I did though have an attitude about that I wasn't going to have a "picky eater" like my younger siblings were. I wasn't going to cater to any kid on food. So poor Amy drank to the last drop and always had to eat all of what ever was put on her plate. Poor Amy sometimes her belly was so hard you could knock on it like wood!
Then when Heidi was born, she was saved by Aunt Lori from having to go thru this,too. Aunt Lori says ( in a very sweet not quite insulting ways) "Joy, you not going to stuff this baby like you did Amy are you?" Boy, this was like a slap into reality. I said to my self "I did that didn't I" Say Thank You to Lori, Heidi. So you were fed until you were content. No pushing for you.
You were bottle fed, too.
Billy - Since I knew that you were going to be the last child, I wanted to make one last stab at breastfeeding. Couldn't get you to nurse at the hospital but the nurses assured me that was norm at this point. You would when you got home. So when you got home, Grandma Taylor a fervent breastfeeder and Grandma Nixon a fervent bottlefed mother were present at our home when I went to feed you. You still would feed!!! Here's me trying to stay calm, you crying, Grandma Taylor saying "you will, just relax, if you get tense the milk won't come, and Grandma Nixon saying " Oh just get a bottle. It's alot less trouble". Eight thirty at night came and you still were nursing so I sent your dad for a nipple shield (rubber nipple) to try. If that didn't work, it was never meant to be.
It worked but you would never feed without it. I guess you liked that Latex flavor!!! I even would try to trick you and you'd just turn your head away like "Quit!!! I don't want that!"
I nursed you for 3 mos cause you just never seemed full. Your first full night of sleep was after I started you on the bottle.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment